Thursday, July 23, 2009

More Pictures of the Big Day

Here are a few more pictures of The Big Day. First, we started out by checking into the hospital at 7:00am. Yep, it was an early start for all of us...thus, the kiddos are in pajamas:







Things got rolling around 11:00am, and Lindsey (the ROCK STAR pregnant lady) impressed one and all by bringing Hadley to us in just three pushes! She's an incredible woman! Anyway, here's little Hadley being mad at the indignity of it all:





Once she got cleaned up and warmed up, she was much happier. If you recall from the 3D sonogram, she loved having her hands right up next to her face, or even in her mouth. Looks like she still does:







Here's Jeane, the world's best midwife. She blessed us with her expertise and care for all three of our healthy babies, and spent much of her day off with us on Tuesday. Thanks, Jeane, you're one in a million!







Little Hadley had a long day, too. This is in the evening as she was getting sleepy. Naturally, she perked up throughout the night:






Some pictures of the family:








Connor and Kylee were the first ones in to see their baby sister, and immediately adored her. It was incredible to watch their smiles and their gentle touches. Ever since that first moment, they have been arguing (even to the point of shouts and blows at times) about who's turn it is to hold her! We'll see how long that lasts...

Here's her official coming-home outfit:


We thought it was extremely cute, but she's not too sure about it.

Here we are, ready to head for home:


Once again, we thank you all for your love, prayers, gifts, food, well wishes, and support. The last year has been filled with incredible highs and devastating lows, and we would not have been able to get through it without all of you. We are very, very blessed, and look forward to creating another 'new normal'.

And sleep...we're looking forward to that, too... ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby girl- Congratulations!
love, becca

Shena said...

I am so overwhelmed with joy for your family! I look forward to meeting little miss Hadley some day soon!

Chandra said...

She is beautiful!!! Congratulations. I remember the overwhelming joy of finally holding your baby in your arms after losing one. In response to your post about the kids fighting over her. My boys informed me that I needed to have another one so they wouldn't have to share. They will be great big siblings. Lots of love to be given. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

She is (as are your other children as well) absolutely beautiful. And a true blessing! I love you guys and can't wait to meet her in person some day! Three pushes, Linds? Wow!!! You'll have to give me that tip someday when I have my own!

Cyndi

Dena said...

I love her already! And, how does Lindsey look so beautiful just after giving birth! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOOO! Away from email too long, rushing back today to be back online! So glad to see this beautiful Carlson in the world, and so grateful all are well.

Love,
Robyn and Ben

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! She is beautiful. I know you have waited for this joyful day to come!

Shelly and Greg Gattis

Anonymous said...

Congratualions! She's just beautiful. You have been truly blessed! I can't wait to meet her.

Karla Macken

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is a beauty! I love the pictures. I can't believe how big Kylee looks in the one with her hair pulled back. I love Hadley's going home dress. What a beautiful girl.

Susan Duffett

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh she is absolutely beautiful!!! How are things going? I am so happy for your wonderful family. Lindsey you look amazing!!! Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Rebecca Bayer

Anonymous said...

She is so a Carlson!! She's beautiful and I am so happy for you all. Many blessings prayed for your family~Pamela Arnold