Monday, July 06, 2009

Two Weeks...

We meet our baby girl in just over 2 weeks! We are all so excited. There has been a great deal of discussion around our house about bringing Hadley home with us. The kids are thrilled, yet I also sense a bit of hesitation in their hearts surrounding this event...as if they won't believe that she's coming home until we actually have her here. I can't say as I blame them for that. They are both asking that we pray for Hadley to arrive safely in their bedtime prayers...I wish that somehow, this baby girl could know how loved and anticipated she is.

My appointments have gone well...Hadley is measuring appropriately and has plenty of fluid around her. We opted for an induction given that the hospital we will deliver at is several miles from our house...and we also wanted to be able to plan things, somewhat, so our family (even those that live far away) could be sure to be here when she arrives. There has been enough uncertainty surrounding all of this, so we are grateful to have a date on the calendar. July 21st it is.

I have been grateful that it wasn't too hot last week. My belly is definitely growing on a daily basis and sometimes just walking is a bit of a task...the kids (and my wonderful husband) are very understanding and bear with me. My emotions are getting stronger as the day approaches...I am so ready to hold this little one in our arms and am overwhelmed by the love that I feel for her. I cannot wait to hear her first cry and look at her pink face all bundled up in a blanket. There are so many small moments that I anticipate after not getting to have them with Caden. My perspective on Hadley's arrival is totally changed...I believe for the better.

We have tried to discuss what life is going to be like after the baby arrives...Connor, in particular, is used to going a million miles a minute, so we have felt it is important for him to understand that after Hadley is born, most days, we will spend time together here at home. He's not quite sure why we can't just haul Hadley with us wherever we go, but for the most part, is very understanding and accepting. I would imagine that Kylee will just love having a baby here to play with and she generally just wants to stay home most days, anyway, so I pray the adjustment will be a smooth one.

We talked about Hadley's birthday over lunch today. I was telling Connor and Kylee that they will be the first ones to hold their sister after Daddy and Mommy. Connor was asking about when she would be born, what time of day it would be, and so forth. I haven't yet had to field the question about how Hadley will come into the world...but we got dangerously close today....

Me: "You will come back to our house with Grandma and Grandpa because Mommy will have to stay a couple nights in the hospital after Hadley is born".

Connor: "Oh, is that so they can make sure that the patch they make for Hadley to be born gets fixed up okay?"

Me: "Yes. Exactly."

Whew! So far, so good...

6 comments:

Hope said...

The "patch", that's hilarious! I love the innocence of kids! I am so excited that Hadley is almost here, can't wait to see the pics when she arrives. We'll keep praying for her safe arrival!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, friends. I can't wait. Praying for health and joy on the 21st of July, and looking so forward to having Hadley in the world.
Robyn and Ben

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear our little "great niece" will be here to hold and cuddle on the 21st!! We will put that date on our calendar and be praying for a speedy delivery. Love the patch story.....how adorable!
Aunt Jane and Uncle Dan

Sheryl Ferguson said...

Ha! Good luck with that patch!! So excited for your family's big day with Hadley. We will be praying that all goes smoothly and that it is a joyous day!

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers as Hadley's arrival approaches! Thank you again for talking with us. You answered important questions and gave us new information - good things to consider.

Michael & Debbie Wolfe

Ashley said...

Its getting closer, I am so excited to see pictures of your little girl. I hope you are doing and feeling well.