Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fall Festivities

Hello!


It has been awhile since I've written. Life has been busy, as I know it is for all of you, with the extra added fun of being attacked by a stomach and cold bug. Ugh. I am on the mend now, thankfully, and the rest of the family has remained healthy. Hooray!
A couple weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending both of the kids' school parties. Kylee's was a Fall Party (no costumes) and Connor's was a Halloween party (with costumes). It was so much fun to watch them interact with their peers. They both seem genuinely happy at their schools, which is such a blessing.

Here are some pictures:


Each child got to make their own bucket to carry goodies from the party in.



Master of the balloon walk! :)



Kylee and her lead teacher, Ms. Pam.


A special Halloween hat.

Best Buds Abby and Kylee.

Two more special projects: A spider hat and a spider web.

And now, switching gears to Alexander Doniphan...

Connor (aka, a "Pirate Mummy") created a marshmallow spider with lots of candies to make eyes, etc. with.




Connor and his friend, Adam (aka, the Incredible Hulk).

The kids got to play "keep the spiders on the web".

After his party, Connor and I went out into the hallway where some of the class work is on display. He read me one of the amazing stories that he has written. This one was specifically about using adjectives (you can see "BIGST" written on the cover). He read me the whole story and was quite proud of his work. I was quite proud, too. :)

2 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

It's good to see you back and know you are on the mend Lindsey. Praying for everyone else to stay well too. It looks like the kids are kept really busy at school and look happy too. Gosh I admire the teachers who can get this all together and stay sane!! The kids look so cute and I love Kylee's shirt. I have been thinking about you alot and praying for you as the seasons change and the holidays are fast upon us. California can't seem to make up it's mind if it is Fall yet or still summer. In the 90's this week. I hope your weekend is a good one and Caden's garden is growing up beautifully. Take care Lindsey, you are loved.

Laurie in Ca.

Dad_C said...

Lindsey,
Thanks for the pictures and keeping us informed. We always look forward to your updates. Give my love to Connor and Kylee.

Grandpa