Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Life as a Princess

I have been trying to get some cleaning done today. As I was dusting our bedroom upstairs, I heard the kids playing Cinderella downstairs. Kylee was starring as the famed princess, and Connor was playing the role of the stepmother, ordering Cinderella to do various things. It was quite precious.

I then notified the children that we needed to get ready to leave the house to go run errands. I asked Kylee to go downstairs and pick up her mess. She looked at me and said, "but I'm Cinderella!". I said "Cinderella needs to go downstairs and pick up her mess". She again informed me that she was Cinderella. I stood firm and insisted that even if she was Cinderella, she needed to go downstairs and pick up the mess, because that's what Cinderella would do.

Finally, she looked at me and said "well...then you're Cinderella, and I'm Jack" (for those of you who don't know, Jack is one of Cinderella's mouse friends).

What a smart little stinker.

No comments: