Friday, May 11, 2007

The Second "Big 30"

My twenties are gone,
It's sad but it's true.
To honor this day,
Here's a rhyme for you.

Today I turn 30,
So what? No big deal.
They say you're only
As old as you feel.

Do I feel older
Than yesterday? No.
Now that I'm 30 -
I'm ready to go!

Reflections on decades,
You won't get from me.
That task is more ambitious
Than I want to be!

After all, it's my birthday,
I just want to relax!
Spend time with loved ones,
Enjoy life, kick back.

Thirty's not bad,
At least not yet.
Feels old, but not quite
Old enough for a 'Vette.

I have to admit,
Some thought I've put in,
To where I'm going
And where I have been.

There are ups and downs,
Without a doubt,
But life can't be better,
Day in and day out.

I am most blessed
By God in this world -
A beautiful wife,
A superhero son, and a dancing princess girl.

Good family, good friends,
Good church and good life
Only add to the joy,
And give it some spice.

Enough introspection,
With that being said.
Now on to more fun -
Let's look ahead!

The kiddos will grow,
And we'll soak up each day,
We'll laugh and we'll cry
And we'll love and we'll pray.

What wonderful times
The future will hold,
We don't know quite yet,
But we'll watch them unfold.

As the next chapter opens
Great new things will be,
So let's get to 'em -
Happy Birthday to me!

BJC
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I didn't know we had a poet
in our immediate family.
Maybe Lindsey can begin to use your talents for the Christmas
letter ;)

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! Thanks for keeping us all up to date!

Love, The Milnes

Dad_C said...

Thirty. Yes, there was a time when I thought thirty was older than dirt, but now I am that times two! I like your perspective, enough maturity, yet the exuberance of youth. Hmmm, the 'Vette comment, wonder what prompted that?

So "Happy Thirty" to you, and many, many more.