Monday, August 26, 2013

Family Time

One of my absolute favorite things to do is to be together as a family and do something simple, like going to the park.  It is in the simplicity of these activities that I realize in a new way how absolutely blessed we are.  I give thanks for our three healthy children, an amazing husband, supportive friends and family, time away from work, and for our surroundings....with cool breezes and warm sunshine.  As those of you who know me well know, it is not often that I am overly impressed by being outdoors, but when I'm watching my kids play, I love it.

We headed out to Stocksdale Park one Sunday afternoon and it was awesome to watch the kids.  I love their innocence, curiosity, and pure joy that is apparent in their expressions when they tackle something they might have initially been afraid of (like a tall slide).

These are some pictures I wanted to share because they capture the essence of each kiddo.  I also enjoy sharing these because I know it won't be long before we don't share as many of these types of moments together as kids grow older and the playground loses its luster.








As a chronic multi-tasker, it is hard for me to separate all the noise in life from these moments.  I try to be deliberate about putting my phone away and tuning my thoughts into what is in front of me, which is many times easier said than done.   Time with our kids is an absolute treasure to me and reminds me of what is truly important in life....these little souls. I am grateful.

No comments: