Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Fun

Hello!
We have survived a very busy week. Last Monday evening, we travelled to Great Bend to attend Grandpa's memorial service on Tuesday morning. It was a beautiful service...simple, personal...a fitting tribute to a wonderful man. We came back home on Tuesday evening and hit the ground running with school and the usual evening events.

A few weeks ago, Kylee's class took a field trip to an apple orchard. The kids had a great time. They got to feed goats and chickens, take a hayrack ride, hold kittens (those poor cats!), and, of course, pick apples. I was able to go along. It was so much fun to watch the kids learn and play.

The kids rode a bus out to the orchard. Typically, kids are then allowed to ride home with their parents at the conclusion of the field trip. Connor always liked to ride home with Kylee and I after his outings with Second Friends. Our daughter, however, took one look at me and said "I'm going to ride the bus back to school, Mommy!" and climbed aboard. So, I drove back to Liberty by myself. Ah, sweet independence. Here she is getting off of the beloved bus:


Kylee and her classmates. I just noticed as I was resizing this that apparently, Zach was putting the moves on Miss J right as I snapped this picture. :) The girl to Kylee's right is named Abby. Kylee has declared that Abby is her best friend at school.

I bet the goats LOVE when the preschool kids come through....and God bless this poor kitten:


Kylee proudly holding the bag of apples that she picked:

Would it be too cheezy to say that this is Kylee enjoying the "fruits" of her labor?


We look forward to better days and are glad that fall is here. Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Precious pictures, all of them. The "Moves" one cracked me up, so innocent. It looks like the weather was beautiful and the kids had a great time. I miss the field trips, I used to be a volunteer on all of them. I am praying for many blessings to be coming your way in this new Season Lindsey. Kylee sure looks like you!! Be blessed this week my friend.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Lindsey,

Just stopping in this morning to let you know I am thinking about you. I hope your week has been a peaceful one and blessed too. (Checking out these cute pictures too, of course:).
Praying you through, one day at a time.

Much Love, Laurie in Ca.