Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

Connor went through his first day of school last week like a real champ. He's in an all-day class on Mondays and Wednesdays at Second Friends preschool with one of his best buds from last year, Truman.

I made Connor pose for the traditional "first day of school" photo right before we went inside Second Friends. He looks thrilled, as you can see. He is pretty cool with his Spiderman backpack (which has wheels, at his request) and his coordinating lunchbox. Thanks, Aunt Sarah!



He did pretty well walking into school to face a barrage of parents getting their kids settled in the new classroom. There was a small degree of leg-clinging when I tried to leave, but I peeled him right off and away he went. Here he is playing with Truman right before I left.


The house is really quiet without him around, and I mean this in a literal sense. I didn't realize how much audio accompaniment Connor brings to our world with his almost constant verbal percussion and various sound effects that accompany almost everything he does. I kind of miss it, but look forward to the one-on-one time with Kylee.
He started his second week today...he had to take something for show-and-tell, and as we were sorting through various options last night, he chose one of his cars telling me, with a serious expression on his face, that it "would be more impressive" than another one.
Our kids are so cool.

No comments: